My first coach used to state in no uncertain terms that if you wait until January to plan for the coming year, than you will not get started until April. My question this week is has this happened to you? If you haven’t noticed the first Quarter of 2016 is come to an end and April is here. How’s that for April Fools!
It almost seems beyond comprehension that we have completed one-fourth of this year, but that doesn’t make it any less true. Three months down, nine more to go.
The good news is you can get a lot done in just nine months and here’s how. Take these 5 tips to jump start 2016 and get yourself back on track. If you are already on track then take these same 5 tips as an opportunity to assess where you are, make course corrections and put the pedal to the metal!
- Step off the treadmill for a few hours and find a quite place with no distractions to clearly write out you plan over the next three months. Any goals, objectives, projects to start, or loose ends to tie up, make sure you include them. Are you taking some time off? Put it in the schedule, if you leave it to chance it probably will not happen.
- Start working off a daily, weekly and monthly task list. Utilize your newly created plan as a starting point. Be diligent about creating your own tasks first before opening emails and focusing on everyone else’s problems and agendas.
- Stop beating yourself up over what you haven’t accomplished this last quarter and get to work on the next quarter. What’s done is done, leave it in the past unless you plan to re-live this unproductive feeling in the future.
- Stay away from negativity and negative people. Look, if you are already behind the eight-ball negativity will not propel you in the right direction. Look for positive people and positive energy to help you jump-start your year.
- Take a minute to actually celebrate what you have accomplished so far this year. It’s easy to focus on what hasn’t happened or what you haven’t accomplished, but if you take a few minutes to reflect on the last 3 months you may be surprised at what has actually happened so far, which by the way will help put you in the right frame of mind to seize the day and kick off the second Quarter the way you want to.
Please take a moment to add your own strategies that you utilize to get yourself back on track and building the momentum you need to accomplish your goals.
Thoughts for the week:
The secret to getting ahead is getting started- Mark Twain
Don’t put your dreams on hold, put your excuses on hold.- Summer Brackhan
You don’t have to be great to get started, you just have to get started to be great.- Unknown
We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. – Calvin Coolidge
At first they’ll ask why you are doing it, but later they’ll ask how you did it. – Unknown
The expert in anything was once a beginner. -Unknown
If you are not willing to risk the unusual, then you will have to settle for the ordinary. -Jim Rohn
Looking forward to our next conversation