Happy New Year!
To ensure that your 2014 gets off to an amazing start
I’m starting you off with the latest version of my 40 most powerful Quarter Turns. You may notice some have not changed since last year, but you will notice modified and new ones as well. This is the year that you keep all commitments, fulfill all of you promises and continue the process of living your life by design and on purpose. Well…What are you waiting for?
40 Quarter Turns for a Powerful New Year
1. Do some form of physical activity 10-30 minutes every day. And while you do, smile, you will feel a lot better!
2. Human Beings are not built to be 24/7 365 always on. Unplug from the Matrix at least 10 minutes each day. Smartphones off! Computer screen off! Take ½ day of uninterrupted time each week the same way, you will get so much done.
3. Review you business and personal goals once a day. Make course corrections as needed.
4. Before you open your inbox, take 10 minutes to decide which of your most important tasks you will accomplish that day then commit and “get it done!”
5. Commit to “Show up” everyday with Energy, Passion & Enthusiasm at work and in your life. Allow those around you to experience the best version of you. What will your “Brand” be for 2014 and would YOU buy it?
6. Watch a few movies, play board games and read a few non-business related books. Fun is an important part of the equation, indulge in a little.
7. Spend extra time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 10, they can teach you a lot in a short amount of time.
8. Identify some really BIG ROCKS & GOALS for this year and don’t’ worry about “the how”, you just focus on “the what” and the how will present itself to you.
9. Eat foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less foods that are manufactured in processing plants. Drink green tea & plenty of water and eat blueberries, fish, fruits & veggies. Treat your body like your best friend.
10. Remember, when you are angry you will make the best speech you will ever regret.
11. Make at least 3 people smile each day, include yourself!
12. Clear your clutter from your house, your car, your desk and allow new energy to flow freely into your daily experience.
13. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment and what you can control.
14. Be a life-long-learner. After a challenging situation ask yourself “What happened?” “What outcome would I have preferred? “What did I learn from this? “How will I apply this the next time?”
15. Learn something new everyday. It’s so easy, watch a TED talk or YouTube someone that is smarter then you are and find out what they have to say. Or better yet READ SOMETHING!
16. Laugh (especially at yourself) and have some fun every single day!
17. Life isn’t fair sometimes, but at least there is never a dull moment. For some reason the harder I work the more fair things become!
18. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Who has done “done something” to you that you haven’t let go of? What are you hanging onto and how is that working for you? Take the high road, you be happy you did.
19. Sing as loud as you can in the car, do your touchdown dance in public, and don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
20. You don’t have to win every argument or disagreement. Avoid getting caught in “the right fight.” Instead focus on getting the “right outcome”
21. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
22. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
23. Burn the candles, crack open the good bottle, use the nice sheets, and wear your favorite clothes. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Make today special.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you!
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In five years, will this matter?”
26. Wherever you are, BE THERE, fully present and aware.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business.
28. Time is much more valuable than money so spend it wisely. On your deathbed I doubt you will regret not spending more time in the office!
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change. Change is inevitable, growth is optional.
30. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will. Stay in touch. Call your mother and father or email an old friend or relative today.
31. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have everything you need, so starting wanting what you got.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, clean up and SHOW UP! “By Design and on Purpose”
35. Integrity is a valuable asset. Choose to do the right thing, even when no one is watching.
36. Have a real conversation with the person you care about the most in this world.
37. Each night before you go to bed celebrate the accomplishments and success of the day. If you don’t, who will?
38. Remember that you are much “too blessed to be stressed.”
39. Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not a dress rehearsal and you certainly will not get a do-over.
Add your own #40 and have a great 2014!
Looking forward to our next conversation