It’s that time again to say goodbye to the old and welcome in the new. So back by popular demand I have created a brand-new list this year of 30 Quarter Turns to help you stay on track for the coming year.
30 Quarter Turns for a Powerful New Year
- The only constant in life is change so remember –Change is inevitable, growth is optional- make a good choice.
- Take time everyday to “unplug from the matrix”- Studies prove that sleep is for your body, your mind needs mental rest as well. Take a few minutes everyday to disengage your mind so you can re-engage more powerfully.
- Eat food that grows instead of food that is processed or packaged, you’ll be amazed at how much better you feel.
- Set the bar high for yourself by writing down some clearly defined goals that you plan to accomplish this year. Start with 10 business and 10 personal goals.
- Before you crack open your in-box in the morning, take 10 minutes to decide on your own agenda first. E-mail is a nice, neat filing cabinet of other people’s problems and agenda, so create your agenda first.
- Wherever you are, and whoever you are with, BE THERE– fully present, engaged and aware. Give the gift of your Presence in that moment.
- Anger is a complete waste of time and productivity and remember- when you are angry you will make the best speech you will ever regret.
- Clear out the clutter in you life. Throw out, donate or remove anything that has passed the “use by date” including those toxic relationships that you’ve been meaning to discard. Lighten your load this year.
- Surround yourself with people that inspire, support and cheer you on. It’s much easier to accomplish something amazing when you have amazing people around you.
- Be a life-long-learner. After a challenging situation ask yourself “What happened?” “What outcome would I have preferred? “What will I do differently the next time?” “What did I learn from this? “How will I apply the lesson?”
- Sing as loud as you can in the car, do your own personal touchdown dance when you accomplish something great, and above all, don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Avoid getting caught in “The Right Fight.” Instead focus on getting the “Right outcome.” Remember you can have great relationships, or you can be right- it’s hard to have both.
- Time is much more valuable than money so spend it wisely. On your deathbed I doubt you will regret not spending more time in the office.
- Remember- life isn’t about acquiring everything, but rather about appreciating everything that you already have.
- Integrity is a valuable asset. Choose to do the right thing, even when no one is watching.
- Put down your smartphone and have a real conversation with someone that you really care about.
- When you’re feeling stressed ask yourself if any of this will really matter in a week, a month or a year?
- Our families are not perfect, but they are the only ones we’ve got and there are very few things in life that a genuine, heartfelt “I’m sorry” will not remedy.
- No matter how you feel that day, get up, clean up and SHOW UP! “By Design and on Purpose with the Right Energy and the Right Attitude. You get to choose how you define your day, no one else does.
- Success is not an accident, and it takes many years to become an overnight success story. Remember it’s not the time you put in that matters, but what you put into the time.
- What other people think of you is none of your business. The ones that matter don’t care, and the ones that care don’t really matter.
- Do some form physical activity everyday, it’s good to get up and take a walk around the block.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present. This is the year you get to be the author of your own story.
- Laugh (especially at yourself) and have some fun every single day-no exceptions.
- Learn something new everyday. It’s so easy, watch a TED Talk or YouTube someone that is smarter than you are and find out what they have to say. Or better yet READ SOMETHING.
- The best is still yet to come.
- Be generous with compliment and stingy with criticism.
- Make at least 3 people smile today, include yourself in this list.
- Remember, life will hand you the same lessons over and over again until you figure out how you plan to deal with them.
- Enjoy the ride. Remember that life is not a dress rehearsal and you certainly will not get a do-over.
Please post your own tip below so we can all benefit from your success strategy.
Cheers to your continued success, and your health
One Quarter Turn at a Time